For a long time the main missing element on VeloViewer has been a ride details page. Well, not any more. Very much a version 1 so expect lots of changes based on some things I still want to add and any feedback/requests you guys want to give me. For now though, view each of your rides’ stats, interactive map, elevation charts (including the gradient histogram – distance travelled at each gradient) and lists of all segments covered (on a secondary tab).
I’ll put together a more in depth post about what all the bits are about but for now try out:
- Pressing the play button or dragging the slider under the map to see the blue blob (you) making you’re way around the route. Corresponding markers on elevation profiles.
- Hover your mouse over the “PR’s on this ride” and “Other PR’s” lists (the colourful numbers at the top of the “Ride Stats” section) and see the segments overlaid on the map. Clicking/tapping these navigates you to the corresponding Segment Details page.
- Click the “Segments” tab to see a full list of all the segments covered on the ride with current placings (rather than the placings at time of upload), direct links to Velo Flow and RaceShape as well as the usual stats.
You can get to the Ride Details page from anywhere you see a ride’s name shown as a link:
- Segments List.
- Rides List.
- Segment Details – History tab.
- Update – newly added rides.
Things I’m keen to add:
- When hovering over the segment PR’s list on the Details page then highlight them on the elevation charts as well as on the map.
- Display speed graph (heart rate and power data not available in Strava API).
I’m sure you guys will have lots of good ideas too so check it out and let me know your thoughts in the comments section or via email.