This is a list of the current known issues with the site:
Optimistic placings – FIXED!
The placings can be slightly optimistic on short segments as the Strava API currently has a bug ignoring athletes with tied times (e.g. First 3 people are tied on 50 seconds for a segment, you are in 4th place on 51 seconds, currently the Strava API returns your placing as 2nd but when you look on Strava at that segment you will be in 4th). Hopefully this will be fixed by Strava at some point but might not be till the new year. All other stats are fine though.
Improved time but not improved placing showing up as new segment
If you beat your PR but your placing doesn’t change then the Update screen will report the segment as a new segment. There are technical reasons why this is being a tricky one to resolve due to the way the batches of rides are loaded up in your initial data load. As this is a bit of an edge case scenario and doesn’t result in any data going missing or failure to report the change I’m going to leave it as it is until the V3 API is released as this will probably need rewriting anyway.
Blank VAM/Relative Power on categorised climbs
Not quite sure how these are getting in there but if you order your segment list by climb category and you see some categorised climbs with no VAM or relative power then click the segment name (or Ctrl+ Click to open in new tab so you don’t lose your place) and click the bottom link: “Update segment details”. This will sort the values back out for you.
Zero elevation gain
Once again, not sure why this is happening but the same resolution as for the blank VAM/RP described above except order by Elevation Gain and page through your segments to show any that are 0.
Crashing Chrome on iPad
For some reason the site can crash Chrome on the iPad. Works fine on Chrome on the desktop and unfortunately there appears to be no way (that I am aware of) to debug Chrome on the iPad so if you are experiencing this then best to switch back to Safari. Having said that I have only had it crash the once in Chrome on my iPad but other users have it crashing all the time. Sounds like bugs in the browser to me but likely we’ll never be able to find out.
More of a known limitation rather than an issue. Currently there is no way for me to:
- know if you’re a lady
- get a QOM ranking even if I did know!
So for you ladies out there, I’m afraid your placings are, as for the gents, out of everone.
When adding rides new segments being shown when actually they should be changes to existing placings
Sometimes (I’m not sure under what circumstances), when adding rides containing new PR’s for existing segments they show up as new segments in the update history rather than improvements to your placing. I’ll be looking into this one the 1st chance I get.
Characters will accents displaying very strangely in CSV exports
Appologies for this but not sure how I can fix that. Hopefully you’re more interested in the numbers in the exports rather than the names!
Update issues when using Safari browser
I’ve had a report that the plaing updates often results in the timeout error. If you’re getting this then the only advice I’ve got for ya is to try the latest version of a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE).
If you have come across other issues with the site then please let me know giving details of your problem and your Strava ID. Thanks!